This hearty, spicy soup topped with sweet chicken and noodles is the perfect dinner to keep you warm and satisfied through the chillier months.
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 75g red salad onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed green chilies (if you prefer less heat, feel free to use less chilies!)
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Small knob of butter for frying
- 80g hand shelled peas
- 100g baby asparagus
- 40g kale
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis sauce
- 80g turnip and cauliflower noodles
- 1 tbsp Parmesan or vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp powdered chicken stock
- Heat butter in a large skillet or wok until slightly browned and add garlic, onions, coriander, and chilies. Fry until onions are translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add peas, asparagus, and kale, and saute until everything is bright green and starting to wilt. Add water to deglaze the pan if necessary.
- Add the veggie mix to the blender with the buttermilk and chicken stock and blend until everything is smooth, then decant into a bowl.
- Deglaze the skillet/wok with some water and add the ketjap manis sauce.
- Toss in the noodles and boil for about two minutes, then remove and place on top of the veggie soup (try to keep as much of the sauce as possible in the skillet! If you lose some, add some more ketjap manis and water.)
- Slice up the chicken breast and broil in the ketjap manis and water for about 5-10 minutes, or until the protein is just cooked. Transfer sauce and chicken into a small bowl and shred with two forks, then place on top of noodles.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve hot.
Calories: 330 per serving