This light, fluffy mugcake is made with whey protein and digestive wheat bran, and only takes about three minutes to cook in the microwave!
- 20g Chocolate whey protein of your choice (you can also use pea or casein proteins)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 20g Digestive wheat bran
- 1/2 Cup milk or nut milk
- 1 Large egg white
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 30g pitted, sliced fresh cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- In a large microwave-safe mug, stir together whey protein, coconut flour, digestive wheat bran, baking powder, and sweetener.
- Stir in egg white, vanilla, and milk and mix until you get a smooth batter. Add more milk if mixture is too dry or thick.
- Stir in cherries and toppings.
- Microwave on high for about three minutes or until toothpick inserted through center comes out clean.
You can either enjoy it as is, or turn it out and serve with some yogurt and chocolate syrup. I had mine with some chunky cottage cheese, cacao, date syrup, and cacao nibs.